“She has acquired a true love of books and reading”.
- we teach synthetic phonics as the basis of many language skills
- blending and segmenting of these develops early reading and spelling
- pupils read daily in school and at home to become fluent readers
- development of fine motor skills is important for writing
- aspects of grammar are introduced methodically
- creative writing and comprehension skills are fostered
- focus on speaking and listening, reading and writing promotes the development of excellent communication skills
We encourage and develop a love of literature by providing a broad range of reading experiences. Our extensive library is well stocked with fiction and non-fiction books.