- Inspire and engage pupils as they acquire skills
- Develop an awareness of the world pupils are part of and their lives in the future
- Provide both challenge and sense of achievement.
- Identify and foster each child’s natural aptitude
- Develop pupils with strong self-esteem
- Achieve outstanding academic results, scholarship opportunities and ensure pupils are prepared for their transition onto a senior school in which they will thrive.
Teaching and Learning
We believe in lifelong learning: that adults and children learn every day. Through our teaching we equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding to make informed choices about the important things in their lives. Learning should be rewarding and enjoyable and at The Cavendish School we make it fun for everyone.
Learning is more effective when pupils are appropriately challenged and take an active role in their learning journey. Our excellent teachers include a great many specialists who teach with infectious enthusiasm and a deep knowledge of their subject. We are fortunate to have many experienced teaching assistants and a neurodiversity team. This large expert staff to pupil ratio ensures support and challenge is available in all areas of school life for each girl as she navigates challenges throughout the school while feeling secure.
We are committed to educating the ‘whole person’ and embrace a holistic approach to nurturing and supporting each individual child. We are proud to be a multi-cultural school, with students from a range of backgrounds and cultures; we encourage and enhance the student’s understanding of their place in a culturally diverse society by giving them opportunities to experience such diversity.
We have wonderful facilities onsite which include dedicated spaces for art and science, a purpose-built gym and a new performance hall. And we make the most of all that our central London location offers with frequent visits to museums, galleries, parks and sporting facilities.